Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's a Boy!

On June 14th at 3:56am, we welcomed Jack Thomas Swann to the world!

Here's how our birth experience went:

On June 13th (8 days before our due date), we went to the hospital for our weekly checkup at 10am.  During the visit, we had an ultrasound that showed low fluid.  Our doctor said it would be best to induce labor that day, so we checked ourselves into the hospital and began the induction process.  They started me on pitocin and broke my water around 12:30pm.

Although we were in the hospital for many hours, it seemed to go by pretty fast.
Here is the last picture taken of me while being pregnant.


I spent several hours watching the contractions come and go.


Brandon made himself comfortable.


I got an epidural around 7:30pm, and we entered the pushing phase around 2:30am.

At 3:56am, Jack was born at 6 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches.





We were able to stay 2 nights in the hospital, and the first night didn't count since Jack was born after midnight.


On June 16th, which was Father's Day, we were discharged (3 days after our doctor appointment began).

Jack's going home outfit.







This was the same blanket that I was brought home from the hospital with (made by my Grandma).



No comments:

Post a Comment